Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's really darned hot today or, 'WTH happened to the fog?!'...and then there's those bad-assed birds

It's 101 degrees right now, so I guess the veil of winter is officially lifted. We kinda skipped spring this year...

Anyhoo, I am seeking refuge indoors right now due to near heat stroke from extreme gardening the past couple hours without benefit of sunscreen, hat, nor sunglasses.

For no other reason than that I have nothing better to do, I thought I would post a few accidental/surrendipitous shots of birds from my Smugmug galleries. These are some guys with swagger and 'TUDE':



9/2/04 Yellow-Chevroned Parakeet.
"Sacre bleu!!..."
Huntington Library & Gardens, San Marino, LA County, CA


12/19/08 Belted Kingfisher.
Take a shat on me...oh crap!
On oak tree above our pond.
Murrieta, SW Riverside County, CA



1/17/05 Ring-billed Gull.
Urrpp...Man, that starfish was ripe!
Morro Strand State Beach, San Luis Obispo County, CA

10/9/06 American Kestrels.
The Ninja Twins
Price Line Negotiator....haiyaaaa!!
On oak tree above our pond.
Murrieta, SW Riverside County, CA



4/19/09 Great Blue Heron.
Is this a test? Am I on "I'm a celebrity, GET ME OUTTA HERE!"?
Fence just above our pond. Murrieta, SW Riverside County, CA



1/17/05 Brewer's Blackbird.
I'm sooo shaking mad that this picture is actually blurry...
Morro Strand State Beach, San Luis Obispo County, CA


1/14/06 Double-crested Cormorant.
I'm Vlad the Impaler, bwahaahaaaaaa!!!
Pismo State Beach, San Luis Obispo County, CA

1/14/05 Osprey.
GOT FISH?
Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County, CA




9/4/06 White-tailed Kite.
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy it hurts...

Oak tree above our pond (quite the pit stop for every winged critter in our neighborhood)

Murrieta, SW Riverside County, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment